Thursday, March 24, 2016

How Does Soil Pollution Affect Human Health?

I found a research report on how soil contamination impacts human health while searching on Prospector. It explains in details the types of soil contamination and how humans can intake them. The types of soil contamination are considered to be the chemicals that offer the greatest threat to human health first, such as Arsenic, Cadmium, Lead, and Mercury.

Unlike the articles or books I found before, this report summarizes most of its texts through tables and diagrams, which makes it easy to comprehend the materials. Because the table is big and includes several types of metals, I tried to duplicate the table and only include the metals I mentioned above.
I'm surprised by how elements can become deadly if their concentrations increase even though we rely on them to live.

http://ec.europa.eu/environment/integration/research/newsalert/pdf/IR5_en.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment